Sunday, September 13, 2009

Preston's first camping trip



We spent Labor Day weekend up Big Cottonwood Canyon camping with my family. I was a little nervous as I wasn't so sure that Preston would like sleeping in a tent. I REALLY like to get my sleep. Luckily, Preston slept great - I can't say as much for my other nephews. I really wish tents had better sound barriers...

Preston and I went to Swiss Days in Midway on Friday morning with my sisters and parents. We have gone for years but I haven't been since my move back East. It was really fun.


When we got to the camp site Friday afternoon it was time for Preston to run around the campsite a bit. He walks really well but is still trying to figure out hills and bumps. My brother and I sat by the fire pit talking and watching Preston and Weston. Preston was just walking around playing. While we were sitting there he made a slow lean and ended up in the fire pit. Thankfully there was no fire going. Needless to say he was covered in ash. He wasn't too happy when I hosed him down afterwards. In retrospect it was funny, but, I didn't really enjoy it much at the time.


Later that day Preston was walking around and tripped. He ended up scratching and bruising his cheek. I think that they are going to try and get us for abuse before too long.


We did a lot of hiking including up the Donut Falls trail and up to Twin Lakes. We sure are glad we bought our Kelty. It got a lot of use this weekend. It was a lot of fun to hang out with family.

3 comments:

Genevieve said...

Wow, you are A LOT braver than me. I would never even consider camping with the twins. Then again, Tory would never even consider camping at all so really its a non-issue for us!! I'm glad you guys had a good time.

Andrew & Melanie said...

Sure miss that little tyke!!! Can't wait to see you guys...only one more month...hopefully! by the way...andrew said I can come out anytime you buy me a ticket... :) hee hee hee...don't think that will fly with Jacob!!!

Jenee Lindner said...

Aunt Jenee said... I loved that watermelon picture. Preston gets cuter every day. Give him a hug for me. By the way, I found the Crowleys wedding announcement as I was going thru stuff. How about that! (Yes we are finally getting down to the misc. papers boxes that predate Jacob working over here even!! But then again, Dantzel just came upstairs last night and said they want to have a little party over here on January 22. The 'girls' figured out that they might have invited about 130 people but Dantzel does not think they will all come!!! Gary and I will be out of town. Does Preston want to come and eat blueberries?